A friend of mine said she was going to be in this play Eating Raoul performed by the Minneapolis Musical Theatre. We’ve seen them before a couple of years ago perform Evil Dead: The Musical. I tell you, that play was done so well and was so funny my sides hurt by the end of the performance.
Jason was able to find some discounted tickets, so we picked a Saturday night to go. Unfortunately, the same night the Zombie Pub Crawl was also going on in Downtown Minneapolis. Parking sucked, but it was cool to see a lot of zombies!
The play was funny and interesting. Not as good as Evil Dead: The Musical, but still done really well. Plus there was a guy running around in their underwear, women wearing leather, and a lot of talk about sex. And you can buy drinks there.
The play is about a really bland married couple who are trying to get enough money to open a small restaurant in California. He loses his job and she was rejected for a loan, so they come up with an idea to have swingers come to their home for a night of fun then kill them and steal all their cash.
Its a mouthwatering musical of murder and mayhem!
I give it 3 out of 5 pants off
Linda told me a friend of hers was going to be in a play. We’ve seen the same theater company do something awesome with Evil Dead: The Musical, so we thought this would be pretty sweet.
I went looking for a discount and found tickets on Goldstar for $12.50 each. Done.
The play is about a boring couple who decides to fund a restaurant by luring swingers into their apartment and kill them. They took lessons from a dominatrix and made a public access television commercial. The next thing you know, every fetish and fantasy is being played out on stage, from cheerleaders to angry nuns giving spankings. Hitler even made a brief appearance.
It’s full of dirty jokes and half-dressed people. That’s a win.
- This was the night the Zombie Pub Crawl decided to set a world record of 25,000 zombies at one event. Yes, a zombie invasion almost made us miss the play because there was very little parking and some of the streets in downtown Minneapolis were closed.
- New Century Theater is small. I’d guess it could hold 150 people. And the seats weren’t exactly awesome.
- New Century Theater is hard to find. The address on the door is behind a pillar. If you’re going, the theater is right damn next door to Fogo de Ciao. 20 feet to the left. If I would have known that, I would have let the Fogo valets park my car for me for $10.
- Live theater means culture, right? Even if the live theater is chicks (and a surprisingly attractive man!) in corsets singing about bondage.
- They serve booze that isn’t overpriced.
- The building is easy to get to and has ample garage parking 364 nights a year.
- Did I mention women in lingerie making dirty jokes?
They did a great job, especially for a small theater troupe in a small theater. I totally recommend it.
4 out of 5 pants off.
Total Score: 3.5 out of 5 pants off